2. Late last year he was beaten up by six men after he tried to protect a female friend.
3. In January he had NHS surgery to put his cheekbone and eye socket back into place.
4. Weeks before the attack, he’d appeared in a fashion show and been approached by a modelling agency.
5. He told the BBC: “For the first three months the nerves in my face were so damaged any quick kind of movement felt like I’d got a bag of Lego bricks in my face all jumbling around - it was really painful.”
It seemed likely that would be the end of his fledgling career.
6. But he suddenly received a text asking him to appear in a fashion show in Mayfair.
He’d been headhunted by creative agency Court On Camera, one of whose representatives had seen him at the December show.
He said: “At first the attack really upset me but at the same time I was thankful I was still here as it could have been so much worse. I could easily have been paralysed or killed. The catwalk show has given me a massive confidence boost and made me really happy.” He still wakes up with nightmares as a result.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)