1. Here’s Richie, from Colchester.
2. Late last year he was beaten up by six men after he tried to protect a female friend.
3. In January he had NHS surgery to put his cheekbone and eye socket back into place.
4. Weeks before the attack, he’d appeared in a fashion show and been approached by a modelling agency.
5. He told the BBC: “For the first three months the nerves in my face were so damaged any quick kind of movement felt like I’d got a bag of Lego bricks in my face all jumbling around - it was really painful.”
It seemed likely that would be the end of his fledgling career.
6. But he suddenly received a text asking him to appear in a fashion show in Mayfair.
He’d been headhunted by creative agency Court On Camera, one of whose representatives had seen him at the December show.
He said: “At first the attack really upset me but at the same time I was thankful I was still here as it could have been so much worse. I could easily have been paralysed or killed. The catwalk show has given me a massive confidence boost and made me really happy.” He still wakes up with nightmares as a result.
7. Richie’s also a former Colchester United youth player, but now it looks like his future’s on the catwalk.
Police are still investigating the attack: two men have been arrested and bailed.