1. Andraschek’s winnings went unnoticed until earlier this month when he made a large donation to a hostel for the homeless.
He told reporters: “I had only picked six numbers and the female shop assistant reminded me that I needed to pick a seventh. I told her to make it 24 – it doesn’t matter, anyway.”
2. He had no job or home, but decided to spend his last few coins on a lottery ticket.
He won 630 million forints – one of the biggest ever lottery wins in the country. As well as donating to a homeless charity, he will also use the money to set up a foundation for addicts and abused women.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›