1. The first couple of minutes of this video are hilarious. Anthony Carbajal clearly isn’t a man to do things by halves.
Here’s Anthony’s fundraising page.
4. But it’s what follows that makes this video so special.
Anthony explains that he comes from a family with a history of ALS: his grandmother and mother were both diagnosed with it, and at 26, so was he.
“ALS is so, so fucking scary, you have no idea,” he says.
5. “People are getting frustrated…I promise your news feed will go back to cat videos and ‘Let It Go’ covers.”
He explains that he’s beginning to lose control of his hands and is having trouble turning on his car and buttoning his shirt. He says that at some point “I won’t be able to use my arms or hands at all.”
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, the AP reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›