1. Meet Abraham Poincheval, and bear. You can find them both at the Hunting and Wildlife Museum in Paris.
2. For his performance Dans La Peau de l’Ours (Inside the Skin of the Bear), he will remain in the bear for 13 days.
3. He’ll eat, drink, sleep and go to the toilet within the sterilised carcass, while two cameras film him.
4. A press release says this performance: “Signifies a rebirth, a rite of passage, to pass from the world of the dead to that of the living.”
5. And: “[The] need to become one with such an animal came […] when he repeatedly encountered animal carcasses […] during another one of his performances […] in the heart of the French Alps.”
Alan White is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.