1. Enjoying a fish supper on Blackpool Pier, Lancashire.
2. Indulging in afternoon tea, Devon.
3. Picnicking on the shores of Windermere in the Lake District, Cumbria.
Those surveyed came up with a list of 25 things to do, and it’s all rather splendid. These are the top 10.
4. Rock-pooling in Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall.
5. Camping in the New Forest, Hampshire.
VisitEngland says: “Overall, the southwest of England came out on top as the area that offers the best opportunity to enjoy life’s simple pleasures, closely followed by the southeast and the Midlands.”
6. Marvelling at Stonehenge, Wiltshire.
7. Getting lost in the maze at Hampton Court Palace, Greater London.
The survey showed that parents try to have one family outing a month, and try to get outside at least half the time.
8. Taking a stroll beside Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland and Cumbria.
9. Boating on the Broads, Norfolk and Suffolk.
10. Watching the puffins on the Farne Islands, Northumberland.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›