1. On Saturday, the game’s creator had an announcement to make.
The designer, Nguyen Ha Dong, based in Hanoi, had decided to take down a game he had made in just a few nights. He’d told the media he was making $50,000 a day from advertising. There were rumours the decision was prompted by a warning letter from Nintendo.
3. But now things are getting ridiculous.
Yes, that is an iPhone with Flappy Bird installed about to reach $100,000 on eBay. The opening bid was $650.
4. In retrospect, it was entirely inevitable that this would happen.
6. Twitter was a bit like this now.
7. So by the time this happened, no one was surprised.
Note: this might not have been exactly how it happened.
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›