1. So yesterday the news broke that a couple had decided to let the Internet name their daughter.
2. Canadian Stephen McClaughlin, aka redditor digitalgecko, announced his plans on the site two days ago.
3. And the media was delighted to report that the Internet wasn’t SO bad after all.
4. Because this was what it had chosen at that point.
And we can all agree that’s a very sweet name for a child, can’t we?
5. The only problem is that right now it’s all change at the top.
6. (Cthulu is the cosmic entity from the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft. Helpfully, the author drew a picture of it).
10. Stephen posted this on his site yesterday:
1700 votes for CTHULHU with no IP address, I think someone found a loop hole, Oh well closed that.
11. But it looks like the Lovecraft fans will take some beating.
Visit the site here if you want to redress the balance.