1. This is a picture of England footballer Chris Smalling playing against Ecuador.
2. This is a picture of U.S. President Barack Obama speaking on the situation in Iraq on Thursday.
3. They are not the same person. But this mug exists.
An unnamed company wanted to produce a range of 2,000 mugs for the World Cup, but when they unpacked them they realised there was a slight error on one of them. They’ve now turned to Wholesale Clearance UK for help.
4. Karl Baxter from Wholesale Clearance UK picks up the story.
He says: “The Dorset company in question was given the seemingly easy job of sourcing royalty free pictures of each England squad player to use on the England mugs – along with other accompanying items such as England coasters, England mouse mats etc.
“They passed this onto to their young, bright eyed and bushy tailed new apprentice. The designs were proofed and signed off by their boss, who had clearly had a heavy night with the lads playing poker and before he’d had his first vat of coffee the following morning.
“They immediately contacted us and 2,000 of the England items was dispatched to our warehouse. We eagerly unpacked them and, indeed it turned out that the Chris Smalling cup had Barack Obama’s head on instead of Chris’s.”
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".