According to thenews.pl, a Polish website, a couple have died after trying to take selfies with their children on a cliff in Cabo da Roca, Portugal.
2. The site reports:
Captain Dario Pinto Moreira, who is in charge of the port at nearby Cascais, told Portuguese news channel CMTV that the Poles slipped while trying to take a photograph of themselves.
3. This Portuguese website claims the couple had lived in Portugal for five years and were on holiday.
According to the Telegraph, the couple crossed a barrier close to the cliff edge: “Weather conditions forced rescue workers to abandon attempts to recover the bodies on Saturday night, but the couple were eventually found on Sunday. The couple’s children, aged 5 and 6, are now in the care of Polish diplomats and are seeing psychologists.”
- The U.S. is investigating airlines for "unlawful coordination." This may be related to high ticket prices, the Associated Press reports.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.