1. Drink out of countdown champagne flutes.
Just use peel-off stickers and have guests* drink them one by one as you count down.
*or chug them all yourself.**
**do not do this.
2. Count down by popping balloons every hour.
As long as there are no balloon-pop haters in the crowd. You could also use a smaller increment of time, like every 10 minutes, to heighten the DRAMA.
3. Or count down with cookies.
A more kid-friendly option than straight booze.
4. Line your trash can with three or four bags to make cleanup a snap.
You won’t have to worry about putting a new bag in every time the old one gets full.
5. Avoid life-ending embarrassment with the Drunk Text Savior app.
It helps alert you when you’re being stupid and/or incomprehensible.
6. It’s probably not wise to get an actual 2014! tattoo, so celebrate with temp tats instead.
Buy them here.
7. Use leftover holiday gift wrap to make decorations.
Christmas and New Year’s are only a week apart, so who even has time to go out and get SEPARATE DECORATIONS UGH. Directions here.
8. If ever there were a time to try cotton candy champagne, it’s New Year’s.
Drop it in and watch it fizz.
9. Open a bottle of champagne with a towel if you don’t want the cork flying everywhere.
I know, I know, the torrent of bubbles is the best part, but you can still achieve that effect without putting someone’s eye out.
10. Keep bottles cold with an ice mold.
Bonus: It looks wicked baller and won’t take up space in your fridge or freezer. Buy this one here.
11. Or make ice shot glasses.
Gotta drink ‘em before they melt all over you. Available here.
12. DId you know you can make CHAMPAGNE POPSICLES??
Now you know.
13. Also: EDIBLE GLITTER IS A REAL THING?!!?
Buy it here for all your festive-treat needs.
14. Tonic water makes drinks glow under a black light.
Impress your friends, intimidate your enemies.
15. Stain sugar cubes with liquer and drop them in fizzy drinks.
By the end of the night you’ll probably have cut out the middleman and will just be eating them by the fistful.
16. Rim kids’ (or adults’) drinking glasses with sprinkles.
Make sure they stick with a bit of honey.
17. Have everyone write their resolutions on a chalkboard or piece of paper.
Put it somewhere like the bathroom or kitchen where everyone is bound to end up at some point and try to guess whose is whose.
18. Let Kanye dictate your resolutions.
Check out New Yeezy Resolutions and make all your* dreams come true.
19. Have a resolution photo booth.
So there’ll be photographic evidence when you start neglecting your oral hygiene.
20. In order to make your resolutions stick, change your passwords to them.
Maybe wait until New Year’s Day to do this, though, so you don’t get locked out of all your accounts in a drunken haze.