3. Tween problem: Raccoon eyeliner.
You’d line that inner rim until YOUR EYEBALLS BLED.
5. Tween problem: Caring SO MUCH about what brand your lipgloss was.
MAC Lipglass meant you were ~classy~, Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush meant you were ~sexy~, and all those heavy Stila twist-up contraptions meant that you’d surreptitiously lick your lips all day long.
6. Tween problem: Hairstyles so tight they caused actual pain.
That scream is the result of scalp pressure + angst.
Grown-up solution: A low, easy style you can completely forget about when it’s done.
Like a regular ponytail. Or a regular bun. Or awesomely short hair that does whatever it wants. Or the tried-and-true run-out-the-door-with-a-soaking-wet-mop-on-your-head-and-hope-for-the-best technique — truly, anything’s better than trying way too hard only to get massive headaches.
Grown-up solution: Carefully deployed glitter.
OK, I lied, there isn’t technically such a thing as too much glitter. But when painful chunks are raining into your eyes and staying attached to your clothes for the rest of eternity, nobody wins. A streak of liquid glitter liner is a solid way to maximize sparkle and minimize disaster.
Grown-up solution: Chill.
Makeup can be the most delightful thing in the world, as long as it’s not running your life the way it sometimes did at the tender age of 11 and a half. So invest in a good set of brushes (key for blending/not looking like a mannequin in photos), thank the alpha and omega that you never need to slow-dance in a gym again, and rock on.
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."