2. Clean your toilet with Coke.
Don’t worry, it won’t look that horrifying for long. Directions here.
5. Keep your cleaning supplies neat with a tension rod.
6. Meet your new BFF, the Magic Eraser.
There are basically infinite uses for these things, from getting rid of scuff marks to removing nail polish stains to cleaning grout.
7. Get pet fur off a carpet or furniture with a window squeegee.
What animal is that even from.
9. Towel + broom = a way to reach high, hard-to-clean spaces.
From Real Simple.
11. Get all the grossness out of your keyboard with a toothbrush and cotton swabs.
Full directions here. (These pictures will probably make you cringe/not go on the internet for the rest of the day.)
12. Don’t miss the tiny spots, like the tracks on sliding doors or window panes.
Vinegar can help you get these areas spotless.
15. Fold your shirts vertically to save space and maximize visibility.
16. Properly fold a fitted sheet.
Swap out flannel for cotton now that it’s actually warm enough.
17. De-pill your clothes with a razor and some tape.
You can de-pill your winter clothes before putting them away and your spring clothes after taking them out of storage. Directions here.
18. Vacuum-seal bulky winter clothes and blankets for easy storage.
They’ll be as good as the day you put them away come next winter (not that you want to think about next winter).
19. Use the hanger trick to get rid of clothes you don’t wear anymore.
Hang all your clothes so your hangers face backward. When you wear something, turn the hanger around. After a year, if something is still on a backward hanger, give it away.
20. And the best possible advice: Drink while you clean.
You know how sometimes you come home after a few drinks and have a strange, overwhelming urge to clean everything? Channel that feeling. The best part is when you wake up the next day and are genuinely surprised and delighted at how clean everything is.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.