13. Seymour Glass
Offs himself. Also was a relatively shitty husband to poor Muriel, who just wanted to paint her damn nails and have a nice time at the beach and IS THAT REALLY A CRIME.
11. Jean de Daumier-Smith, neé John Smith
I’ll let him speak for himself: “I used our stateroom mirror to note my uncanny physical resemblance to El Greco.”
10. Waker Glass
You only like Waker best of the Glass siblings if you are a massive hipster. Also lol on you because he is a Carthusian priest.
9. Holden Caulfield
Between the premature greying, the crippling self-doubt, and the fact that he’d call you a phony at least 10000000 times while simultaneously trying to grab your breast and then if you’re lucky drunk dial you from a payphone in the middle of the night? Cool.
A child. Wise beyond her years, maybe, but still totally off-limits.
7. Walt Glass
Too good for this world, too good for you. Sucks about that camping fire, and the war.
6. Franny Glass
Hot, but way not into sharing the couch. Also, not too much fun at dinner. Also, literally STFU about that book already.
5. Zooey Glass
Again, hot, but way not into sharing the bathroom.
4. Bessie Glass
That blue kimono, man. Could be anything in there. Frets a little too much about her kids to be super fun, but hey, you would too.
3. Buddy Glass
Solid dude. Makes a good cocktail, knows (for the most part) how to navigate awkward social situations. Loses points for being Salinger’s alter ego because like, narcissism.
2. Jimmy Jimmereeno
Just because he’s imaginary and lives in Connecticut doesn’t mean he’s not totally loyal. Sucks about the car.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.