2. Check Foursquare or Yelp for bathroom codes at places like Starbucks and Chipotle.
3. Temporarily lock a broken restroom door with your key ring.
If you have a caribiner that fits in the latch, that works too.
4. The weight of a purse can keep a stall door shut if you hang it from the inner corner.
Test this before pulling your pants down, of course.
5. Sneak into the bathroom of a hotel lobby.
This Curbed post has a great list of easily accessible New York City hotels. Just act like you belong/are coming from the bar and nobody will hassle you.
6. Mount hooks across from your toilet at home to make pooping an entertaining treat.
8. Choose the stall closest to the door when you’re out — chances are it’s cleaner.
9. Invest in a glow-in-the-dark toilet seat for late-night jaunts.
It’s available here.
13. Soap and hot water can unclog a toilet without a plunger.
Get the full directions here.