2. Check Foursquare or Yelp for bathroom codes at places like Starbucks and Chipotle.
3. Temporarily lock a broken restroom door with your key ring.
If you have a caribiner that fits in the latch, that works too.
4. The weight of a purse can keep a stall door shut if you hang it from the inner corner.
Test this before pulling your pants down, of course.
5. Sneak into the bathroom of a hotel lobby.
This Curbed post has a great list of easily accessible New York City hotels. Just act like you belong/are coming from the bar and nobody will hassle you.
6. Mount hooks across from your toilet at home to make pooping an entertaining treat.
7. A (dry) sink will amplify sound for a squatting-dance party.
8. Choose the stall closest to the door when you’re out — chances are it’s cleaner.
9. Invest in a glow-in-the-dark toilet seat for late-night jaunts.
It’s available here.
11. If your toilet paper dispenser is broken, use a clickable pen.
13. Soap and hot water can unclog a toilet without a plunger.
Get the full directions here.
15. Stop an overflowing toilet before it’s a problem.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›