2. Keep your charger from breaking so easily with a spring from a pen.
THIS IS THE ACTUAL BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. I HAVE LOST TOO MANY GOOD CHARGERS THIS WAY.
3. Take selfies using your earbuds!
It’s witchcraft, but it works as long as they’re the kind of earbuds that have a volume +/- button on the cord.
1. Aim the camera with the earbuds plugged in to the phone.
2. Press the volume + button. It’ll minimize selfie-arm (that horrid condition) and make you feel kind of like a middle school photographer, which is always a plus.
4. Turns out anything can become a smartphone stand, like a cassette case.
You know, because you have so many of them lying around.
5. Or a gift card.
Either one you’ve already used or one you’ll never use. (Heyyy, Chico’s.) Here’s how to do it.
6. (Gift cards also make easy earbud holders.)
10. Make a tablet stand for 50 cents from a scrap of wood.
Get the tutorial here.
12. Suspend your tablet over your bed with coat hangers.
Bunk bed semi-necessary.
13. Everyone’s heard of the toilet-paper-roll-iPhone-speaker, but adding Solo cups can really amplify the sound.
Plus it looks so effing sweet.
14. Make a solar charger out of an Altoids tin.
15. Create a charging station so all your gadgets don’t get tangled.
Here is how.
16. Cut out a cheap and easy charging holder from cardboard.
Your precious baby shouldn’t have to lie on the floor. Directions here.
17. Or make a pretty one from an old lotion bottle.
Here is how.
19. If you don’t need your GPS anymore*, use the stand to hold your sunglasses.
*Either because your smartphone has rendered it redundant, or because you’re just so geographically savvy you don’t need directions from a tinny Australian dude.
20. Use a binder clip to make a car stand for your phone.
Here is how.
21. Make a quick jogging band for your music out of a sock.
22. Meet your new best friend, Sugru.
It’s like tech Silly Putty for grownups and it can help you customize cheap earbuds to fit your ears.
23. Sugru can also cushion a sharp MacBook Air edge.
25. Or, if you have a MacBook, stick them to the screen.
EVEN MORE WITCHCRAFT.
26. Make an iPad cover out of a composition notebook.
You’ll trick all the Luddites.
27. If you happen to have both a busted earbud and a stethoscope, today is your lucky day.
According to Reddit, it’ll do just the trick.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?