1. Get them to give you a soothing massage.
As long as you don’t mind miniature tire tracks across your back.
3. Hide healthy vegetables in desserts.
Like these spinach brownies.
5. If all else fails, resort to playing with their food.
6. One Direction turn teeth-brushing into a mouth-party.
If they’re not into 1D, this toothbrush also comes in Selena Gomez and Taio Cruz versions.
8. Keep them from doing dumb stuff online.
Or at least minimizing it.
9. Get them to always wash their hands.
Money soap available here.
11. Turn picky eating into a game.
Let them roll the dice to determine how many more bites of a meal they have to finish/fake a sense of actual control in the matter.
12. Sweeping can become a game too.
All it takes is a painter’s tape outline.
13. So can doing basically all chores.
Write the name of a bunch of different chores on Ping-Pong balls and set a timer, maybe for half an hour. Each time the chore on the ball is complete, they pick a new one, and the kid with the most balls at the end wins. The fabulous prize is entirely up to you.
16. Make sure they don’t fall in.
And practice your own aim while you’re at it. Smaller seat available here.
17. Let them think they’re helping you play your videogames.
They’ll never know the difference.
This dad made his daughter wear a shirt of his face for a week when she violated her curfew.
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›