You can resize most of these projects to fit whatever item you want, whether you have a smartphone, dumbphone, or phone of perfectly average intelligence.
1. Printable Phone Case Templates
Just print them out here, slip them under a clear case, and you’re done!
4. Cross-Stitch Phone Case
For all of these embroidery-based ideas, you’ll need to buy a case with pre-punched holes. You can buy them for about $10.
6. Even More Needlepoint Phone Cases
Directions also from The Purl Bee.
9. Confetti Phone Case
Repurpose holiday glitter or confetti. Directions here.
15. Sharpie Phone Case
This idea comes from Craft Foxes.
19. Scalloped Felt Tablet Case
22. Etch-A-Sketch Tablet Cover
It goes without saying, but laptops are expensive and fragile and not all of these projects will cushion your precious baby as well as a more heavy-duty protective case. Use your judgement/please don’t throw a burlap-swaddled Macbook Air down your stairs and expect it not to shatter.
24. Recycled Book Laptop Case
Directions from Instructables. Supply your own jokes about the death of print.
27. Leather Laptop Satchel
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›