1. Buy your love a pair of floral Doc Martens.
My college boyfriend once bought me flower-patterned shoes for Valentine’s Day and I didn’t stop wearing them until the soles parted company from the bodies. Available here (check eBay for cheaper options).
5. Not into baking them yourself? Good thing the Internet exists.
7. Apparently this flower smells exactly like chocolate! So, killing birds with stones, etc.
It is, aptly, called the Chocolate-Scented Daisy.
8. If your loved one has a cat, win its heart with a floral catnip toy.
9. And for dogs, get these treats.
They look legitimately, enviably delicious. Available here.
10. Let your paramour unwind with flower-shaped bath fizzies.
13. Make origami flowers.
These each require only a single sheet of paper, with no glueing involved. Directions here.
14. If they’re always late, make an origami flower that’s also a clock.
15. If you like the idea of origami but not of folding it yourself, buy this pastel bouquet.
16. Make quick and easy coffee filter roses.
17. Or felted billy balls.
Apparently these flowers are also called “craspedia,” which sounds kind of like Wikipedia for swear words. Instructions here.
20. This is a flower-shaped vibrator.
I am loathe to recommend a vibrator I have never used, but it could make the perfect novelty gift for the right partner. Buy it, if you dare, here.
21. This is a brooch shaped like an octopus that wants to give you a flower.
Again: right partner, perfect insane gift. Available here.
22. Bring out your Valentine’s inner child/latent fear of clowns with a balloon bouquet.
They’re easy to make yourself.
23. If you do stick with the more traditional route, you can still make your bouquet out of the ordinary.
Like with this heart-shaped bamboo.
25. Make simple flowers special with an offbeat vase.
And don’t stress: you’re being sweet and thoughtful and everyone loves flowers.
It’s pretty hard to go wrong.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France after protests last week.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.