2. Pinecones make great decorations, but bake them first to eliminate bugs.
Setting the oven to 200 degrees and baking for 45 minutes should do the trick.
5. Paint pinecones for quick, versatile decorations.
They’d make awesome ornaments or look great clustered in a bowl. Full directions here.
6. Don’t have a Christmas tree? Make one out of books!
This idea comes from Family Sponge.
7. Artfully-arranged books on a shelf can become a Christmas tree as well.
8. Print out a template to fold your own paper ornaments.
Printables are perfect. Get this one here.
9. Cotton balls can become a quick Santa beard.
Doesn’t matter how old you are.
10. Make paper plate Christmas angels for centerpieces.
It’s a great activity for kids, too. Martha Stewart has the instructions.
11. Make a scarf wreath.
As long as it’s a scarf you don’t care about messing up. Directions here.
12. For last-minute wrapping, decorate a brown box with nail polish.
13. Use brads to turn plain paper into studded gift wrap.
Yet another reason to steal from the office supplies closet at work. Directions here.
14. Coffee filters easily become snowflakes.
Use them for ornaments or window decorations.
15. Make mini wreaths out of shower curtain pulls
Wrap yarn around them, adding a drop or two of glue to hold everything in place.
16. Turn your fridge into a snowman.
All it takes is some paper, scissors and tape.
18. Print out these tree napkin rings to easily spruce up your table.
Yes, “spruce up” is a tree pun. No, I do not feel guilty in the slightest. Template available here.
21. For a dorm room or a super-last-minute tree, use duct tape and lights.
23. Wrap cookies using foil or plastic wrap containers.
Full directions here.
24. When it’s time to put everything away, store string lights without tangling them by wrapping them around pieces of cardboard.
They can be piled neatly in boxes this way too.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?