5. Miniature Popsicle Stick Sleds
8. Knitted Mochimochi Snowmen
Pattern available on Ravelry.
10. Snow Cone Garland
Wrong season, right idea. Directions here.
11. Snowflake Lunch
This works whether your kids (or you) get to stay home or not. Directions here.
12. Felt Snowball Ornaments
Perfect for Christmas or any other time of year you want a little cheer. Directions from The Purl Bee.
13. Snow Monster Cupcakes
Bumble was just misunderstood. Find out how to make these from Sugar Swings.
17. Crocheted Snowflake Blanket
Pattern available from Berroco.
18. Indoor Snowball Fight
19. When it’s stopped storming and you can venture outside, try making a variation on a boring old snowman, like this snow skull.
Use a shovel with a sharp edge to smooth corners and hollow out the eyes and nose.
20. Snow Walrus
Will definitely require a stepladder and/or parent.
21. Snow Castle
Apparently this one involves a variety of tools, so you may want to leave it to the professionals. Good inspiration, though.
22. Rainbow Igloo
It was made with about 500 milk cartons. You’ve probably got at least that many lying around, right?
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›