1. Make a baggy blouse into a fitted top:
Bow optional. Instructions from Extra Petite.
2. Pant legs too long? Here’s how to hem them:
It’s a lot easier than you might expect, and you can keep the original hem.
3. Take in a dress to make it slimmer:
Here is how to do it.
4. You can achieve a similar effect at the waist just by adding elastic:
5. If a T-shirt is too small, add a panel of fabric to each seam:
It’s also a great way of making a plain shirt look more interesting. FInd out how at Craftster.
6. Just because a seam is ripped, it doesn’t mean you should pass over a great piece of clothing:
Here’s how to fix it.
7. Turn a too-small sweater into a cardigan:
8. If you happen to find a fabric you love, use it to add embellishments to your cardigan:
9. Remake a vintage dress by removing the shoulder pads:
Find out how here.
12. Like the fabric of a men’s shirt but hate the fit? Turn it into a skirt:
13. A dress shirt can also become a bag:
14. Sometimes, simply sewing on new buttons can make an item look brand-new:
This is a good skill to have no matter what. Instructables provides the directions.
16. A thrifted silk tie can become a headband:
18. Make sleeves and armholes slimmer:
Avoid the gigantic-arm look so popular among the very tragic. Find out how from Extra Petite.
19. Make cozy leggings out of a gigantic men’s T-shirt:
We've got your WKND covered.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›