1. Everyone assumes you’re skiving
The very instant you say you’re working from home, people repeat it back to you making a silly face and doing inverted comma hand signs.
2. In truth, you’re really working quite hard
Even though there are a million more distractions than usual. It can start to play with your mind.
3. Lack of human contact starts to drive you a little crazy
Yes, maybe I’ll sing at my radiator as I dance freely like a bear.
4. Your sleep patterns become erratic
Hmmm, 1:00AM, probably time for a movie before bed…
5. Hygiene starts to take a rapid turn for the worse
Not seeing anyone for a few days? No need to shower then, obviously…
6. Clothing cleanliness deteriorates at an unprecedented rate
Well, I haven’t showered, so there’s probably no point in putting on clean clothes…
7. Those fleeting glimpses of humanity you do experience make you feel uncomfortable
Three days have passed now since you last showered or went outside, and you can feel the postman judging you as you sign for a parcel…
8. Your diet starts to change
Only cashew nuts, beetroot and mayonnaise left in the kitchen? Three-course meal, coming up.
9. Eventually you run out of food
Your newfound dependency on staying indoors has seen your supplies run dry.
10. You’re forced to break cover
Going through the rigamarole of getting ready is tough, but you force yourself through it and venture outside.
11. And it’s glorious!
Yeah, you’ve been on filthy lockdown for a few days, but it turns out fresh air is good. Outdoors isn’t so bad after all! There’s hope for you yet…