1. For £29, you can attend a four-hour cuddle workshop in Hampstead, North London.
2. The workshops are run by couple Anna Shekory and Tom Mayer.
3. “Cuddle Parties” have existed in New York for the past ten years.
4. A key aspect of Cuddle Workshops is permission.
Each participant has a choice during every exercise to cuddle or not cuddle.
5. The workshop is a safe boundary space.
The cuddle workshop offers a safe boundary space in which to:
Have fun and experience innocent touch with others
Learn how to say no (and yes) powerfully and comfortably
Discover and let go of hidden agendas around physical contact
Playfully explore your boundaries and challenges around touch
Gain tools for getting more satisfactory touch in your life
Experience joy and deep relaxation through close physical contact.
7. The workshop is also gender balanced with an equal amount of male and female spaces.
8. Cuddling stimulates production of Oxytocin.
Oxytocin is a naturally produced chemical which is created when people have feelings of connection and bonding. There are numerous health benefits, including improved heart function, boosted immune system and feelings of calm and relaxation.
The next workshop is Sat 19th January. Find out more here.