1. You believed that crocodile tongues were the most powerful spell there was.
3. If you concentrated hard enough, you could do anything.
6. You knew that some words were more powerful when said backwards.
7. You realized that dreams were harder work than they looked.
8. With the right friends, you could accomplish anything.
9. You tried to convince your parents that it was better if you didn’t shower.
10. Because it didn’t matter what you looked like, as long as somebody loved you.
11. You learnt that it was what’s on the inside that counts.
12. But as you got older, stories like Lamb to the Slaughter taught you that appearances could be deceiving.
13. You learnt to search for the wonderful in your own life.
14. You couldn’t understand why your friends would watch TV when there were books.
15. Reading Roald Dahl, you felt like you were in on the best secret in the world.
16. A book wasn’t just numbers and letters - it was full of friends.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›