1. You believed that crocodile tongues were the most powerful spell there was.
6. You knew that some words were more powerful when said backwards.
9. You tried to convince your parents that it was better if you didn’t shower.
10. Because it didn’t matter what you looked like, as long as somebody loved you.
11. You learnt that it was what’s on the inside that counts.
12. But as you got older, stories like Lamb to the Slaughter taught you that appearances could be deceiving.
13. You learnt to search for the wonderful in your own life.
14. You couldn’t understand why your friends would watch TV when there were books.
15. Reading Roald Dahl, you felt like you were in on the best secret in the world.
16. A book wasn’t just numbers and letters - it was full of friends.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.