1. Siemens have built a prototype for a new tube, named ‘The Inspiro’.
Destination: THE FUTURE.
2. The Inspiro is 30 per cent more energy efficient than current Tube trains.
Sam Mullins, director of the London Transport Museum explains: “Underground railways are now a feature of many of the world’s major cities, a number of which are now looking to the next generation of underground travel and how the type of technology showcased at Going Underground can play a part in the creation of the metros of the future.”
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.