1. JD’s Grill in Plymouth have created ‘the Apocalypse’ - the UK’s largest burger.
Shown here with a normal burger for scale.
2. Weighing 11.5 kilos (25.5 lb), the burger took three chefs six hours to prepare, and was created to celebrate the restaurant’s one year anniversary.
However, it could become a permanent fixture on the menu. “‘We would have to find a way to bring the price down a little and make it easier to build and cook in the kitchen without compromising on the quality of the ingredients”, owner Justin Meaney explained. “It was one massive burger.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›