1. Lithographer Charles Joseph Hullmandel created an illustrated alphabet.
2. The pieces were created sometime between 1818 and 1860.
3. They draw inspiration from the landscape.
4. WIth ‘D’, the trees form the outline of the letter.
5. With ‘H’, a bridge forms the body.
6. You can see the full collection at BritishMuseum.org.
H/t This Is Colossal.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›