2. You know that this is called an X-ray picture, not an X-ray.
5. You’ve done a shift as a receptionist in the surgery. Or as a nurse.
6. People automatically open their mouth when they see you and ask about their wisdom teeth.
What am I supposed to do? A dentistry degree isn’t genetically transferred you know.
7. And then they peer at yours, expectantly.
“How come you’ve got a filling if your parents are dentists?”
8. And you have to listen to people explain their fear of the dentist.
12. When you travel, you bring three toothbrushes, but forget to pack socks.
13. You can spot veneers a mile off.
14. And you know more about dental implants than silicone ones.
15. You have magazines and slides at home that look gross to visitors, but totally normal to you.
16. You are never not weirded out by your parents using their doctor voice on the home phone when they’re on call.
17. You’re calm when in the chair yourself, but still flinch at the needle.
18. You “borrowed” some topical anesthetic when you got your ears pierced.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.