2. You know that this is called an X-ray picture, not an X-ray.
5. You’ve done a shift as a receptionist in the surgery. Or as a nurse.
6. People automatically open their mouth when they see you and ask about their wisdom teeth.
What am I supposed to do? A dentistry degree isn’t genetically transferred you know.
7. And then they peer at yours, expectantly.
“How come you’ve got a filling if your parents are dentists?”
8. And you have to listen to people explain their fear of the dentist.
12. When you travel, you bring three toothbrushes, but forget to pack socks.
13. You can spot veneers a mile off.
14. And you know more about dental implants than silicone ones.
15. You have magazines and slides at home that look gross to visitors, but totally normal to you.
16. You are never not weirded out by your parents using their doctor voice on the home phone when they’re on call.
17. You’re calm when in the chair yourself, but still flinch at the needle.
18. You “borrowed” some topical anesthetic when you got your ears pierced.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›