1. This is Alan and Gary Keery. They’re identical twins, and they love cereal.
2. They love cereal so much, that they want to open a cereal cafe.
“We were hungover one day and were out for lunch in Shoreditch but craved a sugary cereal fix and said, ‘I wish there was somewhere we could go to buy a bowl of cereal’. Immediately the light bulbs appeared above our heads and that was the birth of Cereal Killer Cafe”, Gary explains.
3. The cafe will be well-stocked, Gary tells BuzzFeed.
“We will have over 100 different cereals mostly from America and UK, if you can think of it we will sell it. We’re also giving 12 different milk options to cater to the vegans and lactose intolerant, not to mention the toppings from fresh fruit to mini Oreos and to really make a meal out it you can have a pop tart or toast on the side.”
4. They plan to offer cereal cocktails.
The Peanut Butter Jelly time, for example, is Reese’s Puffs, Peanut Butter Cheerios and Peanut M&M’s served with strawberry milk. Cereals will come in small medium and large bowls and cost £2.50/£3.00/£3.50 respectively.
5. And all the decor will be cereal-themed.
Gary continues: “We have done some research and found that cereal cafés already existed in America so we have put our own twist to it, presenting the cafe with a vintage style and having it decorated wall to wall with old cereal boxes and memorabilia.”
6. The brothers are hoping to crowdfund the cafe.
“We have already put together 20k of our own savings, but before approaching the banks we want to let our customers be part of the journey”, they write on their page.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›