1. You notice someone interesting on Twitter, and begin to follow them.
9. However, after a few weeks there’s a lull in communication.
10. You thought you had something going! Why haven’t they responded to you?
11. Oh dear. It was that ill-timed topical pun you made. Nobody watches The Voice!
12. You throw yourself into Twitter, hoping that they’ll notice how funny you are and pay attention once more.
16. You try to explain to your friends why you’re so stoked.
18. When you meet up, you worry about how much to talk about the internet.
20. But before you have time to think, they bring up an in-joke and it’s all plain sailing.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈