1. There was only one cure for an upset stomach. Or a headache. Or a cold.
3. You knew that acting the maggot would result in this.
4. And that if you took a notion, you’d get told to cop on to yourself.
12. The second anyone crossed the threshold of the house, they were offered a bite to eat.
15. If your mum was on the phone, you knew that goodbyes took at least five minutes.
16. You were baffled to find that some people didn’t have any cousins.
17. Leave the house without a jacket? You’ll get a chill in your kidneys.
18. And you’d catch your death of cold if you went to bed with wet hair.
20. And you almost broke your tooth trying to find the money in the Colcannon.
21. It didn’t matter how tenuous the connection was, as long as visitors were in town, they stayed with you.
22. If you wanted a nibble before dinner, you were told that ‘hunger is a good sauce’.
28. And still do, every time you see them.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.