1. There was only one cure for an upset stomach. Or a headache. Or a cold.
3. You knew that acting the maggot would result in this.
4. And that if you took a notion, you’d get told to cop on to yourself.
12. The second anyone crossed the threshold of the house, they were offered a bite to eat.
15. If your mum was on the phone, you knew that goodbyes took at least five minutes.
16. You were baffled to find that some people didn’t have any cousins.
17. Leave the house without a jacket? You’ll get a chill in your kidneys.
18. And you’d catch your death of cold if you went to bed with wet hair.
20. And you almost broke your tooth trying to find the money in the Colcannon.
21. It didn’t matter how tenuous the connection was, as long as visitors were in town, they stayed with you.
22. If you wanted a nibble before dinner, you were told that ‘hunger is a good sauce’.
28. And still do, every time you see them.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?