1. There was only one cure for an upset stomach. Or a headache. Or a cold.
3. You knew that acting the maggot would result in this.
4. And that if you took a notion, you’d get told to cop on to yourself.
12. The second anyone crossed the threshold of the house, they were offered a bite to eat.
15. If your mum was on the phone, you knew that goodbyes took at least five minutes.
16. You were baffled to find that some people didn’t have any cousins.
17. Leave the house without a jacket? You’ll get a chill in your kidneys.
18. And you’d catch your death of cold if you went to bed with wet hair.
20. And you almost broke your tooth trying to find the money in the Colcannon.
21. It didn’t matter how tenuous the connection was, as long as visitors were in town, they stayed with you.
22. If you wanted a nibble before dinner, you were told that ‘hunger is a good sauce’.
28. And still do, every time you see them.
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›