3. He’s an accomplished hype man.
4. And cat lover.
This is Bella, a cat that Stewart adopted after it was found without owner on the set of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
5. He’ll try anything once. Yes, even… pizza.
My first ever pizza “slice”. Please note: the authentic NY fold.
6. He’s a dork.
Yep, that’s Professor Xavier standing under a marquee saying ‘Xavier High School’.
7. He’s realistic about how non-Trekkies perceive him.
8. And wonderfully modest.
9. He takes his Star Fleet duties seriously.
10. And participates in fan chat.
14. As well as the world’s most popular facepalm photo.
15. There’s that whole Shakespearean actor thing.
Stewart has been with the Royal Shakespeare Company since 1966.
16. He keeps his old friends close.
Such as Ian McKellen, who is to officiate at Stewart’s wedding.
Here he is with Helen Mirren. The pair have known each other for decades, having both starred in the 1981 film Excalibur.
17. While making new ones.
Here he is in conversation with Star Trek Into Darkness star Benedict Cumberbatch.
20. He doesn’t take himself too seriously.
21. And when a guest is on set, he always mingles with cast members.
22. He does Dickensian pomp like nobody else.
As Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
23. But also looks good on a horse.
24. He’s compassionate, kind, and outspoken.
Read more about his incredibly touching response to a fan’s question.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›