3. He’s an accomplished hype man.
4. And cat lover.
This is Bella, a cat that Stewart adopted after it was found without owner on the set of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
5. He’ll try anything once. Yes, even… pizza.
My first ever pizza “slice”. Please note: the authentic NY fold.
6. He’s a dork.
Yep, that’s Professor Xavier standing under a marquee saying ‘Xavier High School’.
7. He’s realistic about how non-Trekkies perceive him.
8. And wonderfully modest.
15. There’s that whole Shakespearean actor thing.
Stewart has been with the Royal Shakespeare Company since 1966.
16. He keeps his old friends close.
Such as Ian McKellen, who is to officiate at Stewart’s wedding.
Here he is with Helen Mirren. The pair have known each other for decades, having both starred in the 1981 film Excalibur.
17. While making new ones.
Here he is in conversation with Star Trek Into Darkness star Benedict Cumberbatch.
20. He doesn’t take himself too seriously.
21. And when a guest is on set, he always mingles with cast members.
22. He does Dickensian pomp like nobody else.
As Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
24. He’s compassionate, kind, and outspoken.
Read more about his incredibly touching response to a fan’s question.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- Zimbabwe park officials reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.