1. Irn Bru everywhere. On draught. In McDonald’s. In the corner shop. Bru!
8. We created a sausage that fits into a sandwich perfectly.
13. And we know exactly how to keep a feud going. No rivalry runs deeper than that of the Old Firm.
14. Hogmanay. The biggest New Year’s celebration in the world. So big that Scotland has two bank holidays following it, not just one.
27. No need to thank us for West Highland Terriers. You’re welcome.
28. Olympics? Nailed it.
29. Oh go on then.
36. Our zoo has a daily penguin parade.
40. But most of all, we know when it’s time to go home, home.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Journalist, lecturer and erstwhile stay-at-home dad.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.