1. Irn Bru everywhere. On draught. In McDonald’s. In the corner shop. Bru!
8. We created a sausage that fits into a sandwich perfectly.
13. And we know exactly how to keep a feud going. No rivalry runs deeper than that of the Old Firm.
14. Hogmanay. The biggest New Year’s celebration in the world. So big that Scotland has two bank holidays following it, not just one.
27. No need to thank us for West Highland Terriers. You’re welcome.
28. Olympics? Nailed it.
29. Oh go on then.
36. Our zoo has a daily penguin parade.
40. But most of all, we know when it’s time to go home, home.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Journalist, lecturer and erstwhile stay-at-home dad.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›