1. Irn Bru everywhere. On draught. In McDonald’s. In the corner shop. Bru!
8. We created a sausage that fits into a sandwich perfectly.
13. And we know exactly how to keep a feud going. No rivalry runs deeper than that of the Old Firm.
14. Hogmanay. The biggest New Year’s celebration in the world. So big that Scotland has two bank holidays following it, not just one.
27. No need to thank us for West Highland Terriers. You’re welcome.
28. Olympics? Nailed it.
29. Oh go on then.
36. Our zoo has a daily penguin parade.
40. But most of all, we know when it’s time to go home, home.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Journalist, lecturer and erstwhile stay-at-home dad.
In The News Today
- Iran's parliament approved a nuclear deal with six other world powers, including the U.S. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›