1. My Imaginary Well Dressed Toddler Daughter follows the style odyssey of a toddler named Quinoa, and her quest to be the best-dressed under-5 on the internet.
2. Except Quinoa doesn’t exist - she’s the creation of Australian blogger Tiffany Beveridge.
3. “The only thing that ever made me pine for another child was little girl clothes”, Beveridge explains.
4. However when faced with stylized portraits of toddlers, the idea for a parody began to form.
6. “It struck me as funny that a grain had become trendy. Like, so trendy somebody was probably going to name their kid Quinoa”, she explains.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona early this morning. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS, U.S. Defense Department officials announced. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›