1. My Imaginary Well Dressed Toddler Daughter follows the style odyssey of a toddler named Quinoa, and her quest to be the best-dressed under-5 on the internet.
2. Except Quinoa doesn’t exist - she’s the creation of Australian blogger Tiffany Beveridge.
3. “The only thing that ever made me pine for another child was little girl clothes”, Beveridge explains.
4. However when faced with stylized portraits of toddlers, the idea for a parody began to form.
6. “It struck me as funny that a grain had become trendy. Like, so trendy somebody was probably going to name their kid Quinoa”, she explains.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria to move across the countries' borders with Hungary, where Syrians' passage had been blocked. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›