1. This is a terribly helpful pig. It lives in the New Forest.
2. Every year, this pig and his pals come to help the famous New Forest ponies.
3. The ponies can’t eat the acorns that fall on the forest floor, as they’ll get sick. But the pigs can.
4. So, hundreds of pigs are allowed to forage the forest floor to eat the acorns.
6. After all the acorns in the 70,000 acre forest have been gobbled, the pigs are rounded up again. Thanks pigs!
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›