1. February 1964: Tailor John Stephen, with his Rolls Royce outside his shop.
Keystone Features / Getty Images)
2. May 1964: A ‘Mod’ girl gets measured for a suit.
Keystone Features / Getty Images
3. December 1966: A shop assistant helps a customer in a fashion boutique.
Central Press / Getty Images
4. 14 October 1966: A young couple coming out of Mates boutique, which sells both men’s and women’s clothing.
Ray Roberts / Getty Images
5. 12 May 1966: ‘Living mannequins’ in a shop window.
Keystone / Getty Images
6. 4th April 1966: Tom Jones has a fitting in Gear boutique.
M. McKeown/Express / Getty Images
7. circa 1967: Two young women walk down the street.
Ray Moreton/Keystone / Getty Images
8. 1 August 1967: Two young men walk down Carnaby Street.
Tim Graham / Getty Images
9. December 1967: Christmas decorations on the street.
F. Brooks/Fox Photos / Getty Images
10. 24th January 1967: Cat Stevens (later Yusuf Islam) leaps a bollard.
John Pratt/Keystone Features / Getty Images
11. 12 December 1967: A taxi offering free rides to Carnaby Street.
Prosser/Evening Standard / Getty Images
12. 8 April 1968: A Triumph Spitfire GT6 parked outside Pop boutique.
Thompson/Fox Photos / Getty Images
13. 7 January 1968: A boutique owner holds up Union Jack shirts.
Ian Tyas/Keystone Features / Getty Images
14. circa 1968: Pop singer Long John Baldry being fitted with a wig at the John Stephen wig centre.
Fox Photos / Getty Images