1. The royal baby will be the first child for William and Catherine, who got married in 2011.
2. Due to Kate’s hyperemesis gravidarum, it was thought to be twins. It’s not.
4. If it’s a girl, ‘Alexandra’ or ‘Elizabeth’ is the bookie’s favourite for a name.
5. If it’s a boy, the bookies favour ‘Charles’ or ‘George’.
6. Regardless of the sex, the baby will be third in line to the throne, after its father and Prince Charles.
7. There is a strong chance that the baby will have Catherine’s hair, as the dark gene is dominant.
8. However, bookies are offering a 7/1 that the baby could have red hair like Harry.
9. In keeping with tradition, the birth announcement will be posted on the gates of Buckingham Palace.
10. It could be the first royal birth announced on Twitter — Clarence House tweeted the pair’s engagement, so are likely to tweet the birth announcement also.
11. The baby is expected to be delivered in St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, where William and Harry were both born.
12. The parents and child will live at Kensington Palace, in apartment 1A.
13. It’s no bedsit, though. The ‘apartment’ is a four-story, twenty-roomed mansion, whose former occupant was Princess Margaret.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›