1. On the hottest day of the year so far, tourists rest on the Victoria Memorial to the front of the palace.
2. Palace staff busy themselves preparing for the ongoing Coronation Festival.
5. A parked police van waits, its officers approached by a trickle of tourists for directions.
6. There’s a flurry of excitement as a police motorbike drives by, followed by an ambulance. “Has she finally had the baby?” a woman shouts.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.