1. On the hottest day of the year so far, tourists rest on the Victoria Memorial to the front of the palace.
2. Palace staff busy themselves preparing for the ongoing Coronation Festival.
5. A parked police van waits, its officers approached by a trickle of tourists for directions.
6. There’s a flurry of excitement as a police motorbike drives by, followed by an ambulance. “Has she finally had the baby?” a woman shouts.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›