1. On the hottest day of the year so far, tourists rest on the Victoria Memorial to the front of the palace.
2. Palace staff busy themselves preparing for the ongoing Coronation Festival.
5. A parked police van waits, its officers approached by a trickle of tourists for directions.
6. There’s a flurry of excitement as a police motorbike drives by, followed by an ambulance. “Has she finally had the baby?” a woman shouts.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015. ›