1. Alfie as Toto from The Wizard of Oz.
Alfie was rehomed from Battersea earlier this year after he was found abandoned outside a shop.
2. Molly as Uggie from The Artist.
Former Battersea Jack Russell Molly can perform several tricks like ‘beg’, ‘roll over’ and ‘spin’.
3. Chilli Bean as Bruiser from Legally Blonde.
Chilli Bean was found as a stray and taken to Battersea’s Old Windsor centre where she required an operation for a deformed leg. She now lives with three Staffies and a Collie.
4. Bentley as Hooch from Turner and Hooch.
Dogue de Bordeaux Hooch is played by one year old former Battersea resident Bentley, who was adopted from Battersea after being handed in by his owners.
5. Frank and Roxy as Lady and the Tramp.
Frank arrived as a stray found wandering the streets of London and was rehomed in 2006. Roxy wasn’t a Battersea dog, but is a rehomed rescue dog.
6. Duke as Jerry Lee from K-9.
Duke was brought in by his owners as a puppy as their working hours had changed and they were unable to care for him. He was rehomed earlier this year.
7. Moo Moo as Beethoven.
Moo Moo was brought to Battersea as a five month old puppy, but was rehomed in November last year.
Buy tickets to the Battersea Collars and Coats Ball here.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›