1. Alfie as Toto from The Wizard of Oz.
Alfie was rehomed from Battersea earlier this year after he was found abandoned outside a shop.
2. Molly as Uggie from The Artist.
Former Battersea Jack Russell Molly can perform several tricks like ‘beg’, ‘roll over’ and ‘spin’.
3. Chilli Bean as Bruiser from Legally Blonde.
Chilli Bean was found as a stray and taken to Battersea’s Old Windsor centre where she required an operation for a deformed leg. She now lives with three Staffies and a Collie.
4. Bentley as Hooch from Turner and Hooch.
Dogue de Bordeaux Hooch is played by one year old former Battersea resident Bentley, who was adopted from Battersea after being handed in by his owners.
5. Frank and Roxy as Lady and the Tramp.
Frank arrived as a stray found wandering the streets of London and was rehomed in 2006. Roxy wasn’t a Battersea dog, but is a rehomed rescue dog.
6. Duke as Jerry Lee from K-9.
Duke was brought in by his owners as a puppy as their working hours had changed and they were unable to care for him. He was rehomed earlier this year.
7. Moo Moo as Beethoven.
Moo Moo was brought to Battersea as a five month old puppy, but was rehomed in November last year.
Buy tickets to the Battersea Collars and Coats Ball here.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.