1. Going freelance is a big jump, and not one for the unprepared.
2. This is how you imagine working from home.
3. But in reality, it’s this.
But if anyone asks if you sit around in tracksuit bottoms all day, you’ll shoot them an evil look.
7. But you have ways of getting your own back.
9. Your parents don’t understand what your job is.
‘So, you work for yourself? But also other people? How do you book time off?’
10. Especially when you explain that shift work is not the same as full-time.
13. And even if you have weekend plans, a surprise commission means you’ll usually bail.
15. Although suggesting your rates usually results in this.
22. But hey! Flexible working hours mean you can realistically have a pet.
23. Though you might not have ‘office friends’, you’ll have a gang of like-minded freelancers.
24. And you’ll always find a mentor to help you when things get tough.
26. The lack of strings attached means you can travel like nobody else.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›