1. Going freelance is a big jump, and not one for the unprepared.
2. This is how you imagine working from home.
3. But in reality, it’s this.
But if anyone asks if you sit around in tracksuit bottoms all day, you’ll shoot them an evil look.
9. Your parents don’t understand what your job is.
‘So, you work for yourself? But also other people? How do you book time off?’
10. Especially when you explain that shift work is not the same as full-time.
13. And even if you have weekend plans, a surprise commission means you’ll usually bail.
22. But hey! Flexible working hours mean you can realistically have a pet.
23. Though you might not have ‘office friends’, you’ll have a gang of like-minded freelancers.
24. And you’ll always find a mentor to help you when things get tough.
26. The lack of strings attached means you can travel like nobody else.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.