6. And they knew it too.
8. Girls Aloud went No.1 with ‘Sound Of The Underground’ in 2002.
9. How many weeks did it spent at number One? Four. Yeah. Four.
12. Next came ‘Life Got Cold’. Nailed it.
15. UK’s biggest selling girl group of the 21st century? You’re looking at them.
16. When one of Busted mocked Nicola for being ginger, she fought back.
17. They were soon appearing on magazine covers like this one.
19. Of course, they went on to experience even greater success. But we’ll always remember those early days.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.