2. Totnes has one of the most successful local currencies in the UK.
The pound is part of transition town Totnes: which is basically a group of people readying us for economic and social meltdown by making everything local. The pound is accepted at 70 outlets in the town - and not just crystal shops.
3. We’ve got a scientific pedigree. Charles Babbage, the Father of the Computer grew up in Teignmouth.
4. Our musical output is excellent too. Muse? They’re from Teignmouth.
7. And they know how good Torquay can look in the sunshine.
8. It’s no wonder Torbay is called ‘The English Riviera’.
12. And the Dartmoor ponies.
14. We know the correct way to eat a cream tea.
Cream on first, obviously.
16. Homity Pie is gurt lush.
Cheese and potatoes.
17. So is our cider.
And our cheese. And our wine.