1. There’s more to Devon than hippies and cider, you know.
2. Totnes has one of the most successful local currencies in the UK.
The pound is part of transition town Totnes: which is basically a group of people readying us for economic and social meltdown by making everything local. The pound is accepted at 70 outlets in the town - and not just crystal shops.
3. We’ve got a scientific pedigree. Charles Babbage, the Father of the Computer grew up in Teignmouth.
4. Our musical output is excellent too. Muse? They’re from Teignmouth.
7. And they know how good Torquay can look in the sunshine.
9. Jennifer Saunders lives on Dartmoor.
11. Not forgetting about the Beast of Dartmoor.
14. We know the correct way to eat a cream tea.
Cream on first, obviously.
16. Homity Pie is gurt lush.
Cheese and potatoes.
17. So is our cider.
And our cheese. And our wine.
19. We host the International Worm Charming Festival each year. Which has the best website ever.
21. It’s no wonder the Grockles visit by the thousands.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›