1. It’s nativity season.
Abbots Langley Stats
Sales of tea towels are up 89% at Dunelm Mill as mums panic buy their child’s nativity costumes.
2. And roles range from the traditional…
Chloe’s nativity play this morning - she’s a sheep!
Emily aged 5 in great huff over Nativity play. Mother asks why? ‘Because I’m Mary, she doesn’t say ANYTHING,she just sits rocking the baby’
4. To the less traditional.
So proud of my little brother for getting the main part in the school nativity, although not sure when Rodney the Rat became so important
5. There’s a strict hierarchy.
Today my kid is a CHIEF MOUSE in his nativity play. If you’re looking for me I’ll be the chief crying mother on the front row. Again.
7. You’ve got to start small, obviously.
He’s only Soldier #4 but it’s a speaking role. On the way to an Equity card. #nativity
8. Characters are still being fleshed out.
Hilarious. Son has been cast as the Bossy King in his nativity. Must get it from his big sister (& his mum!)
9. Camel roles are highly in demand.
Five year old inconsolable that he has been cast as an angel in the school nativity. Sobs: “I just want to be a camel!”
Children looking forward to their nativity plays today. Daughter thinks she’s a camel or a ‘bucket’ #shesnotsure #Christmas
My 10yo son wanted to be the “spitting camel that spits in people’s faces” for tonight’s nativity reenactment. I’ve never been so proud.
12. There are some very exotic animals in the stable.
Attended 5yo’s nativity play this evening. Did you know there were crabs, elephants, owls, leopards, mermaids at the birth of Jesus?
Went to my children’s Nativity play last night. Don’t recall the duck, 2 crayfish & dalmatian in the story tho..! :) Well done #BarklyHouse!
14. And some less exotic ones.
Nativity play. What are you son? I’m a duck! Oh……
15. And, naturally, there are several extra-terrestrials.
“Mummy! I know who I’m going to be in the nativity play! I’m a non-speaking alien!” *proud*
Big up to my little cousin Harry for being chosen to be the alien in his first nativity #mainpart #cyajoseph
So my son is an ‘alien shepherd’ in the school nativity play. They really are embracing all races, religions and creeds… :)
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He has been apprehended.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.