1. Well, someone didn’t take the news well. After it was revealed that Ben Affleck would be the new Batman in the sequel to this summer’s Superman film, someone created a petition asking the White House to intervene.
2. It asked for the Obama administration to make Affleck playing Batman illegal.
3. The petition was removed.
4. Americans appear displeased.
The White House removed the petition to remove Ben Affleck from the Batman role. They are SILENCING our FREEDOM OF SPEECH./ Via
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.