1. Hot on the heels of a Breaking Bad midseason return, which brought in a series-high 5.9 million viewers, some Connecticut cable subscribers nearly lost it when their cable went out before the new episode was set to air.
2. Naturally, they called 911.
3. Because of a power outage in Norwalk, Connecticut, service was down for Cablevision’s Optimum cable for nearly two hours during prime time.
4. Unsusprisingly, the police department didn’t find the Breaking Bad panic calls funny.
A couple of commenters added, “We take our breaking bad seriously here in CT” and “Missing Breaking Bad IS an emergency.”
5. The final season of AMC’s hit drama has left fans clamoring to find out how Walter White’s journey ends. The finale airs on Sept. 29.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.