1. Hot on the heels of a Breaking Bad midseason return, which brought in a series-high 5.9 million viewers, some Connecticut cable subscribers nearly lost it when their cable went out before the new episode was set to air.
2. Naturally, they called 911.
3. Because of a power outage in Norwalk, Connecticut, service was down for Cablevision’s Optimum cable for nearly two hours during prime time.
4. Unsusprisingly, the police department didn’t find the Breaking Bad panic calls funny.
A couple of commenters added, “We take our breaking bad seriously here in CT” and “Missing Breaking Bad IS an emergency.”
5. The final season of AMC’s hit drama has left fans clamoring to find out how Walter White’s journey ends. The finale airs on Sept. 29.
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›