1. Hot on the heels of a Breaking Bad midseason return, which brought in a series-high 5.9 million viewers, some Connecticut cable subscribers nearly lost it when their cable went out before the new episode was set to air.
2. Naturally, they called 911.
3. Because of a power outage in Norwalk, Connecticut, service was down for Cablevision’s Optimum cable for nearly two hours during prime time.
4. Unsusprisingly, the police department didn’t find the Breaking Bad panic calls funny.
A couple of commenters added, “We take our breaking bad seriously here in CT” and “Missing Breaking Bad IS an emergency.”
5. The final season of AMC’s hit drama has left fans clamoring to find out how Walter White’s journey ends. The finale airs on Sept. 29.
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›
- Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›