1. The dreamboats of One Direction released their self-selected fragrance last week and it has already made more than half a million dollars.
Starpix, Dave Allocca / AP
2. The guys made a video showing them picking the scents that would go into Our Moment, along with a whole bunch of scenes of them joking around, smelling fruits and being pals.
3. The fragrance is “fruity and floral, with notes of jasmine, frangipani and grapefruit.”
Jamie McCarthy / Getty Images
4. Apparently that’s all 1D fans need to know because 20,000 sales were pre-orders — people who have never smelled the scent.
5. Here is the commercial causing throngs of people to throw caution to the wind and buy bottle after bottle of this undoubtedly sweet, heavenly scent.
Adrian Carrasquillo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker accused of helping two inmates escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈