1. Christina Hendricks, one of the stars of Mad Men, said she wants to be on Game of Thrones now that her show is ending.
2. “I want to wear pelts and horns and ride around on horseback,” she said.
Melisandre better watch out.
3. Here she is a wildling, with perfect hair.
Jon Snow would want to break his vows all over again.
4. Here she is as like a friend of Daenerys Targaryen in case the mother of dragons needs a babysitter.
Khal Drogo would die all over again.
5. Needless to say the internet is VERY interested in her joining the cast.
6. On Reddit a casting suggestion gained steam: Septa Lemore, a character introduced in book five, with a hidden past.
Who do you think Christina Hendricks should play if show creators and/or series author George R.R. Martin were behind the idea? (Which they obviously will be, because let’s be serious.)
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- Zimbabwe park officials reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.