1. The phone is a terrifying and monstrous machine.
New Line Cinema / Via bloody-disgusting.com
3. You’re always super nervous that an important call will come at a bad time.
NBC / Via latenightwithjimmyfallon.com
6. In fact, you’ll often just watch your phone ring, mulling over whether or not it’s actually worth it to pick up.
Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation / Via dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com
7. But if you don’t pick up, people will call over and over and over and over.
New Line Cinema / Via celebquote.com
8. When the conversation starts, you have no time to plan out what you’re saying so you inevitably say something you regret.
NBC / Via theawesomethingsinmylife.tumblr.com
9. And since you don’t get any physical cues from the other person, you have no idea how the conversation might be going.
10. You try to deal with the pauses in conversation, but they feel like they last foreeeeever.
The CW / Via letsrewatchsupernatural.tumblr.com
11. And when other people are really confident on the phone, you become more and more aware of how awkward you are on it.
Nickelodeon / Via gifstumblr.com
13. After you hang up, though, you can’t help but replay the conversation in your head and worry about how stupid you might have sounded.
NBC / Via thebusinessweave.tumblr.com
14. Because what if the person on the other end does this when you hang up?
16. You can’t stop staring at the phone and wondering if your call will intrude on something important.
17. That’s why you’ll do anything to get someone else to make the call for you.
TNT / Via serbianissues.tumblr.com
18. Seriously, you’d rather not know something than have to call and ask about it.
19. And calling your cable company, or credit card company, or really any company: THE WORST.
20. You certainly don’t want to be the person on the other end, having to make and answer phone calls all day.
Columbia Pictures / Via replygif.net
21. Essentially, talking on the phone is your own personal horror movie.
Dimension Films / Via fanpop.com