1. People with higher incomes generally prefer their toilet paper to come over the roll, while those with lower incomes prefer it to go under.
In a 1989 book, Barry Sinrod and Mel Poretz revealed that 60% of people making more than $50,000 a year preferred the toilet paper to come over the roll, while 73% of those making under $20,000 preferred it to go under.
3. A jiffy is an actual unit of time, not just an expression.
In computer engineering, it is the length of one cycle of the computer’s system clock (around 10 milliseconds). In chemistry and physics, a jiffy is the amount of time it takes light to travel a distance of one centimeter — about 33.3564 picoseconds.
6. Some animals, like the western spotted skunk, are able to delay their pregnancies for months.
In these cases, the embryos cease developing for a certain period of time before attaching to the uterine wall. Other animals with types of delayed pregnancies include otters and kangaroos.
And now you know.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.