1. It feels like everyone on your shopping list is impossible to buy for.
2. Because some people’s demands are just way too high.
3. And some people find fault with your gifts no matter what.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.
4. But everyone is so excited, you’re afraid you’re going to let them down.
5. So you go to the store anyway, which is akin to putting yourself at the center of a violent stampede.
7. And they always seem to be missing the one thing you’re looking for, so you’re stuck buying something you didn’t want to get.
8. When you actually look at all the receipt, it’s physically painful.
9. You can try shopping online, but you have to worry about whether or not your gifts will even arrive on time.
10. There’s no subtle way to find out what size someone wears, so you inevitably buy things either way too big or way too small.
12. And once you hit the age of ten, you’re shamed if you consider going the “homemade coupon” route.
13. Maybe you don’t know much about the person you’re buying for, so you end up getting something wildly inappropriate.
Sorry, Batman :(
15. It gets awkward when you give a casual friend a gift but they didn’t get you anything.
Or vice versa.
16. People get jealous if you spent more money on someone else’s gift.
“Oh, I guess you love your cousin more than you love your own mother…”
17. You try to cut your losses by getting people something they’ve loved in the past, but that’s not good enough.
19. And then watching people pretend to be grateful when they clearly aren’t.
20. It feels like all your effort is for naught.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.